We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Ok I have learned a little more.

One basic issue I didn't know about is that inside the manager, in discuss section and going through those users, indeed createdon is a value right in the profile, middle tab.

However for me, the space is blank for all users, I just made a new one to check if anything has changed.

I will start yet a new topic and put two snippets made by experts that I have found in the forum, but I think this issue can be let go. Its not getting stored for whatever reason and it isn't necessary to keep searching for it.

In addition, the standard code includes the number of posts of the user in both the user's profile and the post view for each individual post, and we have already used that value to connect with some sort of representation of seniority (small images that change as the number of user's posts increase) and we can also use that value for user levels or classes, which doesn't seem to work well within Discuss. So that's pretty easy at this point.

If Whitebyte's code is good then problem solved! Fingers crossed haha. All other user data can be handled with ClassExtender I think.
    • discuss.answer
      • 24,544 Posts
      It's weird. As I said, I have three members in Discuss and one of them has a date in the createdon field and I didn't put it there.

I finally found this code in the Discuss register processor:

$profile->set('createdon',strftime('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'));

I don't know why it's not always executing.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1,154 Posts
        Ok thanks for checking. I wonder if setting a custom field called 'createdon' in register would lead to the same result. If the field name is the same then...

Its time for me to experiment with whitebyte's code and make sure that works at least. Then its on to ClassExtender.