We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 62 Posts
    Revolution 2.3.2, TinyMCE 4.3.3-pl

Repeat of what I posted in General Support:

In Evolution 1.0.14 adding / pasting as plain text:

Text about something line one
    Text about something line two

Results into:

<p>Text about something line one</p>
    <p>Text about something line two</p>

Right now in Revolution 2.3.2 adding / pasting as plain text:

Text about something line one
    Text about something line two

Results into:

<p>Text about something line one"<"br /">"Text about something line two</p>

(less-than and greater-than are without "" in real case, surely)

I have tried it also with MODX Revolution 2.3.1 and 2.3.0, TinyMCE as the only package installed - still the same problem.

-- How can one change it to be like in the Evolution TinyMCE?
      • 436 Posts
      I would suggest switching to CKEditor or Redactor. TinyMCE is bug ridden.

If you really want to stick with it, try the development branch from Github: https://github.com/modxcms/TinyMCE
        • 62 Posts
        Quote from: absent42 at Jan 06, 2015, 04:41 PM
        I would suggest switching to CKEditor or Redactor. TinyMCE is bug ridden.

If you really want to stick with it, try the development branch from Github: https://github.com/modxcms/TinyMCE

CKEditor is a new thing for all those people I have made more than few web sites for. Right now I need to migrate a web site from Evolutiuon to Revolution. So it is going to be some extra time spending for me to get these people acquainted with a new editor. Anyway, it is practically new to myself. For example, I have now idea how it is to make custom plugins for CKEditor.

Today I have already got a suggestion to use CKEditor and I have tried it. But right now the task demands to stick with TinyMCE.

Also I probably found by myself the answer for my question. [ed. note: viener last edited this post 9 years, 2 months ago.]
          • 62 Posts
          I seem to have found where it is set. It is the paste plugin of TinyMCE and the paste_text_linebreaktype plugin option.

Now it is set to "combined" in assets/components/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/paste/editor_plugin.js . It has to be set to "p" to have the same behavior as in Evolution.

I can edit editor_plugin.js and it works. But I would like to have it in a proper way. That is to be the next question.
            • 62 Posts
            The question is not solved, but it has produced a next one: http://forums.modx.com/thread/95695/create-new-setting-for-a-tinymce-plugin-option
              • 436 Posts
              CKEditor is a new thing for all those people I have made more than few web sites for. Right now I need to migrate a web site from Evolutiuon to Revolution. So it is going to be some extra time spending for me to get these people acquainted with a new editor.

In my experience, getting users used to a new rte is far easier than getting them used to a migration from evo to revo.
              • Glad to hear you got to a solution (almost?) with TinyMCE. If you do want to try out Redactor some time, feel free to hop into the manager of our demo site at http://demo.modmore.com/manager/?a=resource/update&id=9 and give it a whirl. We'd also be happy to help if you have other questions about it in the future.
                  Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                  • 62 Posts
                  Quote from: markh at Jan 07, 2015, 04:26 PM
                  Glad to hear you got to a solution (almost?) with TinyMCE.

- It seems to work as I want it to, but I have no idea if I did it the right way. Or if there is the right way.

If you do want to try out Redactor some time, feel free to hop into the manager of our demo site at http://demo.modmore.com/manager/?a=resource/update&id=9 and give it a whirl.

- O.K.

We'd also be happy to help if you have other questions about it in the future.

- In any editor I need to be able to add my own plugins and buttons for them in the editor panel. I keep sticking to TinyMCE very much because I know how to do it for this editor (in Evolution). Is it possible to add custom plugins and buttons for them in the editor panel in Redactor? If it is, how? [ed. note: viener last edited this post 9 years, 2 months ago.]