We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 184 Posts
    not showing GUI for editing? Only the tabs Dashboard, Site, Security, Tools, Reports, System, User and Support?
      • 211 Posts
      Try opening the network tab in the dev tools an see what errors you're getting.
      Maybe a connector is not loading.
        • 184 Posts
        Thanks for the suggestion, however there is no option for Network tab or dev tools.
        I have:
        Dashboard: Dashboards
        Site: View, Clear Cache, Remove Locks, Search, New Document, New Weblink, New Symlink, New Static Resource, Logout
        Security: Manage Users, Access Controls, Resource Groups, Form Customisation, Flush Permissions, Flush All Sessions
        Tools: Import Resources, Import HTML, Property Sets, Media Sources
        Reports: Site Schedule, Manager Actions, Error Log, System Info, About
        System: Package Management, System Settings, Lexicon Management, Content Types, Contexts, Actions, Namespaces
        User: Profile, Messages
        Support: Forums, Wiki, Bugs, API Documentation

When I do select one of the options from the tabs, nothing below the tabs shows, except for a white screen.

Immediately before the Dashboard GUI stopped showing, I was dragging files in Files to alphabetical order and some error kept appearing.
          • 196 Posts
          I guess Nir Zohar meant network tab located in the firebug or dev tools, generally you should press F12 to see it.
            • 184 Posts
            I pressed F12 and an Inspector showed in the bottom 3rd of the screen. The configuration tools to edit the website still aren't showing?
              • 184 Posts
              Here's the latest screenshot to help clarify the problem.
                • 1,572 Posts
                Access your database via phpmyadmin and set compress_js and compress_css to 0, then access the files via FTP and delete everything within the core >> cache folder
                  • 184 Posts
                  Thank you.
                  I don't see any access to phpmyadmin in the MODX dashboard or in the MODX package manager.
                  Please see a screenshot of the GUI.
                  Not sure if you mean to SSH into a config file, but not sure what the access details are for this on MODX yet.
                    • 1,572 Posts
                    it's the database tables that you will need to edit, you can do it via SSH but i'm not sure how, do you have cpanel or plesk on the server, how did you create your database to install modx ?
                      • 184 Posts
                      I logged in to the Control Panel on MODX which looks like the attachment MODX package manager.
                      I didn't create the database to install MODX, I've been asked to edit the website.
                      In control panel (called ilisys Package manager on my end) I navigate to MySQL admin and I see the attachment MODX Manage MySQL.
                      I Login and error: Cannot log in to the MySQL server.
                      I have tried the 2 passwords available on the records. See attachment MODX MySQL error. [ed. note: eiger3970 last edited this post 9 years, 3 months ago.]