We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    I am building a Home Owners Association web site and one of the requirements is to have the residents directory on line but secure. I as able to follow the tutorials on how to build the resource and secure it with an ACL. I am using the login plugin for the authentication. ModX Users have most of the fields that the HOA wants listed in the directory but getting that data back out of the modUsers into a list that is search able and a details page is a bit out of my usual modx customizations. I saw the Peoples plugin and it appears to be a great start to what i need but it only returns the username and the roles.

Is there another way to build the residents directory from the modUsers? I really don't want to create another table as I already have to have the area secure so utilizing the modUsers for both security as well as directory seems like a win win.

Thanks in advance for any direction your can give me.
    Jeremy

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 24,544 Posts
      You might look at ClassExtender. It's fairly easy to set up. It will automatically create a new table for the extra fields and add the extra fields to the Create/EditUser form. You can use the getExtUsers snippet to search for and display users with all placeholders set. There is also a setUserPlaceholders snippet.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 19 Posts
        Thanks I will take a look at these.
        Jeremy