We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 89 Posts
    I built a modx site locally and am moving to a shared media temple grid. I'm using the most current version of MODX. I have followed the official documentation. http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/administering-your-site/moving-your-site-to-a-new-server

I moved all my files, updated the config files with new paths and database info. I uploaded my database successfully with phpmyadmin. I didn't think I needed to change my path (as described in "Update your database section")at all, but perhaps thats the problem.

When I try to log-into my manager I get the following error:

Could not find action file at: /home/95094/domains/singleatlanta.com/html/manager/controllers/default/security/login.php

Any ideas whats going on?

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

• 1,145 Posts
      This is what I do, and I always never have an issue.

Unpack the MODx zip straight on the internet server.
      Install and check out my new and empty MODx live on the internet. All working - paths are set for me, nice!
      I never move MODx core files from local to internet, quite useless and pointless and dangerful.

I enter the live MODx Manager and chase out all sessions.
      I manually annihilate the core/cache files, not the folder itself

I upload all my custom /assets/ files and MODx extras
      I upload all my custom /core/components files
      I upload my .htaccess file and tweak it accordingly for friendly URL

I lastly upload my database, same db name structure and table prefix as the current new MODx site etc

I run /setup, and upgrade

TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 24,544 Posts
        @rrswans: You didn't mention running setup. That will usually (but not always) straighten out the paths for you.

Delete all the files in the core/cache directory and clear your browser cache and cookies after running setup.

If that doesn't work, it's time to check the 4 config files:

core/config/config.inc.php
        config.core.php (in the MODX root)
        /manager/config.core.php
        /connectors/config.core.php

Also check the rewrite base in .htaccess if there is one.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 89 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at Dec 20, 2014, 06:41 AM
          @rrswans: You didn't mention running setup. That will usually (but not always) straighten out the paths for you.

Delete all the files in the core/cache directory and clear your browser cache and cookies after running setup.

If that doesn't work, it's time to check the 4 config files:

core/config/config.inc.php
          config.core.php (in the MODX root)
          /manager/config.core.php
          /connectors/config.core.php

Also check the rewrite base in .htaccess if there is one.

Thanks I tried that. It says the database can't connect. But I already changed all the info in config file
          • discuss.answer
            • 24,544 Posts
            If it can't connect to the database, either the database info in the config file is wrong or the user whose DB credentials you put in the config file doesn't have full rights to the database. Some hosts add a prefix to the database name. Check in PhpMyAdmin to see the true database name and make sure it matches the name in the config file.
              My MODX Extras
              • 89 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at Dec 21, 2014, 08:10 PM
              If it can't connect to the database, either the database info in the config file is wrong or the user whose DB credentials you put in the config file doesn't have full rights to the database. Some hosts add a prefix to the database name. Check in PhpMyAdmin to see the true database name and make sure it matches the name in the config file.

Yes this was it. The host media temple had a strange "internal" prefix. Thanks
                • 24,544 Posts
                Glad you got it sorted. smiley
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 2 Posts
                  Quote from: BobRay at Dec 20, 2014, 12:41 AM

Thank you!