We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    You might try getting rid of the chunk and moving its content into the resource.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 159 Posts
      Just tried that. Same results, not processing the error calls and not giving any php errors, not storing anything in the database. I have other pages setup using the exact same code and they work. I thought it might have something to do with not having a redirect, but when I add a redirect it does the exact same thing. It's redirecting to resource 1, not the specified redirect, and not performing any code that is in the hook. It's not supposed to behave this way, there should be an error somewhere telling me why it's redirecting to resource 1. As whitebyte said I should be seeing a 404 or 503 error. But I'm not.

The final solution can't be done with the form code in the content field anyhow. All the content fields of resources must be blank so that the end user can use them as TinyMCE editors for text and picture based content only. I do not want the end user to have access to any structural design or functionality because they tend to break things quite often. Which is actually what the content field is meant for, end users, not designers or developers.

I did move the call to the form into a template specific to that page (dashboard) and tried it again, nothing changed, same errorless results with no data insert. Mind = blown at this point.

Could FormIt be skipping the hook for some reason?
        • 159 Posts
        I've tried the hook name in lowercase and as it is in the snippet name. Doesn't make any difference. Still not calling the snippet as a hook.

Why would FormIt be ignoring the hook?
        • discuss.answer
          • 159 Posts
          Now I feel silly.

I had an href with no = or value set and it was overriding the onclick parameter.

Mystery solved.
            • 24,544 Posts
            LOL wink

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting