We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 159 Posts
    So, I've got MoxieManager installed as a plugin for TinyMCE on the front-end. I'm trying to use the SessionAuthentication feature.

MoxieManager will not authenticate because the session is not being passed to it.

Needless to say MoxieManager will probably require a major overhaul to get the session data to be passed if it's using AJAX, which is what I suspect.

Has anyone been able to make MoxieManager play nice with TinyMCE inside of MODX?
      • 5,888 Posts
      I think the esiest way is to make a resource be your ajax-connector.
      Then you have the MODX - SESSION and everything what you need availiable out of the box.

you wouldn't use session_start(); in your snippet then.

Or load MODX externally in your php-script:
      http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/developing-in-modx/other-development-resources/loading-modx-externally

then you can also just use the MODX - SESSION

-------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 159 Posts
        There should already be an AJAX connector built into the MoxieManager. Unless it's not using AJAX. I need to find out so I can pass the session.

I was hoping someone else had already done what I'm trying to do and could point me in the right direction.

The way the documentation reads for MoxieManager, it's supposed to be plug and play, but it's not. It's not getting the session. This leads me to believe that this release is bugged or the documentation is wrong. The support for MoxieManager is virtually nonexistent.

I'll keep searching through the Moxie JS and see what I find. So far it's not looking very promising. I wrote a file manager a while back but I can't find it in the thousands of scripts I have, could have been lost during a cleanup.

Loading MODX in the external script wouldn't scale well. It equates to nearly doubling the server resource drain per load when using the file manager.