We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 353 Posts
    Hi Guys,
    Using Revo 2.3.2 with Quip 2.3.3-pl and it takes around 2 minutes to post the comment.
    I set up my own lamp server on linode with Ubuntu 14.04LTS, Apache 2, MySQL 5 and PHP Version 5.5.9-1
    Any ideas what's causing the slowness. I believe it worked fine with older versions of revo pre 2.3.
    Thanks

***Issue is specifically for non logged in users submitting comment. Admin posts a comment instantaneously [ed. note: howster last edited this post 9 years, 4 months ago.]
      • 21 Posts
      What kind of anti-spam are you using? It might be looking up the IP and/or e-mail address of the commenter on a known-spammer database, and I could see that taking some time. You could try commenting with it temporarily disabled to test that theory.
        • 353 Posts
        I don't have spam assassin or anything like that specifically installed. Sendmail is about all I added in terms of email. I have a basic lamp installation on my linode installed.
          • 353 Posts
          **solved** - reinstall sendmail using:
          nano /etc/hosts
          And make sure the line looks like this:
          127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain yourhostnamehere