We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 29 Posts
    Strange thing. When I upload files to gallery one by one. All is OK, when I open multi-upload and try to upload even one file through this, the dialog shows that the file is uploading (rectangle goes green) but there is no file uploaded, and the relevant gallery folder on server has no files.
      Kind Regards
      ====================
      montagproject
      • 29 Posts
      Interresting. I see MODX error log and it seems gallery is trying to create folder every time I upload pictures, and when it fails it cannot upload the pictures.

[Gallery] Could not create directory (possibly already exists?): assets/gallery/5/

The 5 folder exists indeed bu why does it need to create it all the time.

Ouch. Gallery needs some serious polishing. First messed-up image paths, then outdated slimbox.js and now this... Anybody has any idea how to fix multiple image uploads???
        Kind Regards
        ====================
        montagproject
        • 370 Posts
        Yes same here,
        did you find any solution?
          • 29 Posts
          Nope :/ I just uploaded all pictures one by one. It was a PITA but what should I do. I sense it maybe related to the fact that my site is not at the main adress like www.site.com but in a folder like www.site.com/mysite/. Maybe this is the problem
            Kind Regards
            ====================
            montagproject
            • 370 Posts
            Hi, This fix worked for me
            https://github.com/modxcms/Gallery/issues/53

Another snag for me was the slash in front of gallery.files_path

so i need a slash infront of gallery.files_path . (/my/albums/folder/)
            but NO slash infront of gallery.files_url . (my/albums/folder/)

Rdg
              • 10 Posts
              Quote from: rdaneeel at Dec 16, 2014, 01:45 PM
              Hi, This fix worked for me
              https://github.com/modxcms/Gallery/issues/53

Another snag for me was the slash in front of gallery.files_path

so i need a slash infront of gallery.files_path . (/my/albums/folder/)
              but NO slash infront of gallery.files_url . (my/albums/folder/)

Rdg

Hi,

I had this issue for years since updating Revo and this fix dont work for me.
              So, if you have the problem of not correct showing or creating the files in manager, if single upload work but multi upload not, than this will be
              the right solution:

After updating to Revo 2.4 I gave Gallery a new chance and I installed on a subdomain the 2.4 new only with Gallery to see why it works on a new install! On my updated live Domain I made the same approach in manager as in the new install. It is a path-problem and a media-source problem.
              So find following system settings and change it to this:

- make a media resource and set basePath and baseUrl to nothing, basePathRelativ and baseUrlRelativ give a Yes!
              - then go to system settings/Gallery and change gallery.mediaSource to created above and
              - give gallery.thumbs_prepend_site_url a No and
              - gallery.default_batch_upload_path set to {assets_path}images/ and
              - gallery.files_path set to [[++assets_path]]gallery/ and
              - gallery.files_url set to [[++assets_url]]gallery/

Thats all!
              Single and multi upload works and I am sure the others also.

I hope this helps!