We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 56 Posts
    I have one site that requires hosting renewal next month so I was looking at alternatives including Modx cloud.

I can see that a cloud owner can purchase additional domains on a per month basis.

This got me thinking of putting all my modx sites onto a single cloud installation (it is only 6 sites and none of them are huge or experience a high number of visitors).

So I was wondering what are the limitations on bandwidth, io, memory etc.....?

How many sites do people (typically) have running on Modx cloud and what are your/their experiences?

update....i can see the vault limits so it is other limitations I am asking about.

This question has been answered by AMDbuilder. See the first response.

[ed. note: jamesjazz last edited this post 9 years, 5 months ago.]
      • 56 Posts
      WoW, 5 days and no response!!!

I kinda sense a negative vibe because of that so maybe not worth considering for hosting.
      • discuss.answer
        You would be better off to contact MODX Cloud support (https://modxcloud.com/contact.html) directly, as they will know the capabilities of their system. It's essentially a limited shared hosting account, as at last check you must provide your own dns management, email, and the system is focused on MODX hosting, so if you need to use it for something other than MODX you may be limited.

That being said it does make for a nice development environment.
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting