We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 77 Posts
    Hello community,

my MODX website was originally built without "Articles". Instead we did it the old-fashioned way by creating sub-pages grabbed with "getResources" for the front-end views. Now with hundreds of sub-pages and a really slow resource tree I want to migrate all those resources into "Articles". And so I may discovered a bug - or simply did something wrong. wink

I installed the Articles extra, created a new resource and changed the URL format to "%alias.%ext" in the setup (because the imported resources need to have the same URLs as before). I used the import function but all resources ignored my custom URL format. Instead they are using the default format which is "%Y/%m/%d/%alias/". sad

As you may know, changing the URLs afterwards within Articles is only possible by re-publishing the resources and this means losing all orignial publishing dates which is not an option for me.

Any ideas why the imported resources ignored the custom URL format and how to solve this?

Thanks and greetings,
    Chris
      L.net Web Solutions
      Professional webdesign and development with MODX and WordPress.
      • 77 Posts
      Bumping that topic … any help out there? Thank you! smiley
        L.net Web Solutions
        Professional webdesign and development with MODX and WordPress.
        • 463 Posts
        If it's any consolation, you can set the publishing date back to what it was - Articles will respect this.
          Web site design in Nottingham UK by Chris Fickling http://www.chrisficklingdesign.co.uk