We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 165 Posts
    I've used Formz to create a basic form and store the values in a database table.

How do you suggest accessing that data, to for example display it as a list in the front-end? I've tried using Rowboat and I manage to output the raw data from the label and value fields, but can't get my head around how to make it into a tidy list or table. Is there a better way to display the data that I'm missing? Can the Formz snippet be used to the output for example or what's the idea?
      • 5,888 Posts
      you either need to build some bit complex joins to get the datas for one result into one row, which can't be done with rowboat.
      with migxLoopCollection, it would be possible, but again its complex.

Or you can try to nest two snippet-calls into each-other, one for the records and one for the fields of each record, which might be slow.

Or you could build your own xpdo-schema and a flat table and use formit2db to save the datas to that table.

Then you can use rowboat, migxLoopCollection, pdoResources or whatever in an easy way to retrieve the datas.
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 165 Posts
        Sounds complicated sad Is there no easy way for a non-programmer to create:

1: A simple form where users can add entries (rows) to a database.
        2: A page where these entries are displayed.

I don't have the patience (or time) to learn to code this myself but was hoping there would be some snippets that I could use. What I need is actually something similar to StoreLocator but with the ability for end users to add stores.