We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 290 Posts
    I'm using ModX 2.3.1, and nothing is rendered when I navigate to the file tab within the Manager. The Resource and Elements lists are fine.

I have not changes any settings. Any ideas??
      • 194 Posts
      Did you do a clean install of 2.3.1 or updated it? Often rendering issues can be solved by deleting all the content in the core/cache directory followed by clearing the browsercache.
        Codeplaza Webdesign: for professional websites at low cost
        • 290 Posts
        Quote from: donquicky at Oct 18, 2014, 10:39 PM
        Did you do a clean install of 2.3.1 or updated it? Often rendering issues can be solved by deleting all the content in the core/cache directory followed by clearing the browsercache.

Yep, deleted core / cache with no change in behavior. This was an upgrade performed a while ago (shortly after the release) and this is a new issue.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Do you have any Media Source Access ACL entries that might be protecting the files? That seems like the most likely cause.

Connecting a Media Source to a user group you're not a member of could hide the files from you unless you're a member of the group.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 50 Posts
            This probably isn't a solution to your question, but I had the same problem with the Resource tab until I finally noticed that it was just collapsed.

Also, clearing caches and my browser didn't help in one situation I had until I rebooted my computer. I don't know why that is, but rebooting worked for me. (after clearing the modx caches and the browser cache)
              Linda Jenkinson
              • 290 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at Oct 19, 2014, 03:06 AM
              Do you have any Media Source Access ACL entries that might be protecting the files? That seems like the most likely cause.

Connecting a Media Source to a user group you're not a member of could hide the files from you unless you're a member of the group.

It's my personal website and I haven't bothered with any access or manager customization. And, upon logging into the site this morning, the issue is now present on the Resource and Elements tabs.

All or most of the shortcut icons on the Elements tabs are present. Only one is present on the Resource tab, and that section of the UI (the horizontal bar where the icons align) is not present at all on the Files tab. No lists are present in any tabs.

It also seems there are issues elsewhere. I jumped into the package manager and no extras are listed, though I have several installed.

I opened the media browser and receive an error: code: "0 communication failure undefined". I get the same thing when trying to access system settings.

The 'clear cache' function hangs, as does 'log out all users'.

Should I try a fresh install? I'm am really disappointed -- I've been using modx for a few years now with no issues. I have several clients using modx. Any context for this would be really helpful. [ed. note: wpicotte last edited this post 9 years, 6 months ago.]
                • 24,544 Posts
                The first thing to try is deleting all files in the core/cache directory.

Other things to try:

Turn off the compress_js and compress_css System Settings. (in the modx_system_settings table in the DB, if necessary).

Repair all DB tables in PhpMyAdmin

Re-running Setup would do no harm, but I don't think it's the most likely fix. Try it if everything else fails.
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 290 Posts
                  Quote from: BobRay at Oct 20, 2014, 03:23 AM
                  The first thing to try is deleting all files in the core/cache directory.

Other things to try:

Turn off the compress_js and compress_css System Settings. (in the modx_system_settings table in the DB, if necessary).

Repair all DB tables in PhpMyAdmin

Re-running Setup would do no harm, but I don't think it's the most likely fix. Try it if everything else fails.

Thanks. FWIW, I have deleted core/cache several times prior to this, but this errant behavior continues to return.

In any case, took your suggested steps and the files tab still does not display a list. I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before previously-mentioned issues crop up again.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    The most likely possibility I can think of is that one or more files didn't get overwritten in the upgrade.

My MODX Extras
                      • 79 Posts
                      Quote from: wpicotte at Oct 18, 2014, 02:33 PM
                      I'm using ModX 2.3.1, and nothing is rendered when I navigate to the file tab within the Manager. The Resource and Elements lists are fine.

I have not changes any settings. Any ideas??

I know this is an old thread but I had the same thing happen to me. Tried all of the above and nothing worked. However:
                      mysite.com/manager: still doesn't work
                      www.mysite.com/manager: the manager is running fine.

All I had to do was add www. in front of the URL. Weird, hu?

Anyway, I hope this can help someone.

Thanks,
                      jm
                        Jean-Marc Buytaert (@jmbuytaert)

MODX truly is the greatest thing that's ever happened to the Internet.