We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 268 Posts
    Hi,

I have a "tricky" menu built with WF.

Everything was ok until I focused on the other language (Babel).
    Defaut context: web (FR), second : EN

The menu is built on the home page (id 1 in FR, 3 in ENG) gathering data from the sub-page (3 pages under id1 in French and 3 pages under id3 in english).
    The home page is 'one page' flavored, alla data from subpages are injected into the home page in different sections (#xxx), and the navigaio is done using waypoint + smoothscroll to jump from each sectio to another.
    this mean I guilt WF link with no url, but with #pagetitle (pagetile are choosen relevantly to the naming needs for css and so on) for those link of level 2 apprearing the same way as possible level 1.

I don't want the home page itself visible into the menu, BUT I need url to other level 1 pages.
    Every thing is ok fir the web context, but not for the en context where i have
    "home page2
    sub1 sub2 sub3 "

instead of

"sub1 sub2 sub3 page2" like in FR.

ANy ideas ?
    Thank you

the WF call
    [[Wayfinder?
    &startId=`0`
    &level=`2`

&rowIdPrefix=`go_`
    &outerTpl=`WF-outerTpl`
    &parentRowTpl=`WF-menuH-parentRowTpl`
    &innerRowTpl=`WF-menuH-innerRowTpl`
    &rowTpl=`tpl.Wayfinder.row`

]]

and
    <!-- innerRowTpl -->
    <li><a id="go[[+wf.docid]]"  class="[[+wf.classnames]] local" href="#[[+wf.title]]">[[+wf.linktext]]</a>[[+wf.wrapper]]</li>

<!-- ParentRow ACC-->
    <li>
    [[+wf.wrapper]]
    </li>

If I &excludeDocs=`3` (or ultimateParent) I get oly the PAg2 (level1) and not any sub page link.
      • 5,888 Posts
      maybe the better and simpler option could be not to use babel for translations, but for example migxMultiLang where everthing is translated at the same resource, no resource-duplicates and other contexts needed.
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!