We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hello, I have a customer that is running a Evo 1.0.4 site.

I am just starting with them and am migrating to a new server. I thought I had a test site running with their exported DB and files using 1.0.14. It looked great but nothing would update when I saved. No errors... Just did not publish.

So I thought I would back up and try it again using the old version (same as their current site and backed up site.

Problem is I am getting an error on install. Go through process, connect to Database and on last step I get Database alerts.

Here is the beginning of the errors.

By the way I am coming from wordpress and have no clue what I am doing with ModX.

Install results

Setup will now attempt to setup the database:

Creating connection to the database: OK!

Selecting database `desmoio8_modx`: OK!

Checking table prefix `modx_`: OK!

Creating database tables: Database Alerts!

MODx setup couldn't install/alter some tables inside the selected database.

The following errors had occurred during installation

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Contains data about active users.'' at line 9 during the execution of SQL statement CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `modx_active_users` ( `internalKey` int(9) NOT NULL default '0', `username` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', `lasthit` int(20) NOT NULL default '0', `id` int(10) default NULL, `action` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '', `ip` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`internalKey`) ) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Contains data about active users.'.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Type=MyISAM COMMENT='Categories to be used snippets,tv,chunks, etc'' at line 5 during the execution of SQL statement CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `modx_categories` ( `id` integer NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `category` varchar(45) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', PRIMARY KEY(`id`) ) Type=MyISAM COMMENT='Categories to be used snippets,tv,chunks, etc'.

• 1,613 Posts
      I think this has to do with tables having the INNODB collation or something.
      But I'm not an expert on databases..
        Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
        • 3 Posts
        Thank you. Looking at the original site that is still running there appears to be issues with it too.

You cant unpublish a page either. I can edit the page and its fine but if I uncheck the box where it adds it to menu it totally ignores that and stays in menu. If I unpublish a page the page just breaks

• 1,613 Posts
          Thats weird behavior. Maybe try to repair database tables. (phpmyadmin)

Whats your mysql server version? maybe thats too old?
            • 3 Posts
            I have not tried to repair but thats not a bad idea. I dont have file access to orginal server but have Modx access and just exported the db from there. But as I said its not working on first server.

Current version of mySQL is 5.1.66

Appreciate the response !
              • 1,613 Posts
              Don't know if it would be a problem, doubt it, but I have mysql 5.5.28.
              Can't find the minimum version of mysql which is needed for Evo.
              You could try to install it on an other server to test if you have that option.