We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hello everybody.
    I need some advices on how to limit folder and resources seeing capabilities for certain users on Modx.
    So far, I tried different settings without full satisfaction.
    In fact now, i would like to use quick Manager to limit their views to the only resource they can change.

What do i need to do in order to get quickmanager work in this version of modx?(blank screen for now)
    How can configure only one accessible folder ,for images, for one user?
    And if i can't make quickmanager work, in back-office how can i limit a resource to user without putting parent resources in the resource-group.

Thanks a lot
      • 1,613 Posts
      I think QuickManager is conflicting with your template.
      Look at the plugin config settings. (Load jQuery in front-end = OFF)

The other question I don't know.
      All I know is you can set a path when you look at an user setting but this doesn't do it for groups.
        Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
        • 4 Posts
        OK for quick-manager it work without modal.
        Each User seems to need its own folder containing /images, /files /media in order to work with the file manager and then set this folder in the user setting.
        Am I wrong?
        It's not very sexy as we may have lots of users.

For the back office tree not visible if parents aren't in the same resource-group : the only solution for me is to show all resources for user by "show protected pages" in settings.
        Do you know another solution?
          • 1,613 Posts
          I have no idea, I'm not a coder and don't think there is something out of the box for this.
          I also think every member will need its own folder.

Maybe someone else knows what to do.
            Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley