We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi,

We have a team who edits pages on our website. We don't have access to the underlying OS, only the MODX manager which is restricted via the ManagerManager extra http://modx.com/extras/package/managermanager.

Is there anyway of tracking who has previously edited which pages through the MODX manager? Is there a way to revert back to a previous version of a resource? Is there a way to back up the resource tree?

Shane
      • 24,544 Posts
      I don't recall what's in the log in Evolution, but you might be able to parse it to see who edited what. In Revolution, it would definitely be in the Manager Actions log, or you could easily create a plugin attached to OnDocFormSave that wrote to your own log.

In Revolution, there is VersionX, which lets you roll back to an earlier version. I'm not aware of anything like that for Evolution.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 3 Posts
        Thanks Bob, do you remember how to view this log? I can't find this in the documentation.

Quote from: BobRay at Sep 09, 2014, 09:15 AM
        I don't recall what's in the log in Evolution, but you might be able to parse it to see who edited what. In Revolution, it would definitely be in the Manager Actions log, or you could easily create a plugin attached to OnDocFormSave that wrote to your own log.

In Revolution, there is VersionX, which lets you roll back to an earlier version. I'm not aware of anything like that for Evolution.
        • The Manager Actions Log could be found in Reports -> Manager Actions -> Search. You could filter this with the fields in the top.

Long time ago I have tried ContentHistory, but I don't know if it works with Evo 1.0.14.

You could create snapshots in Tools -> Backup -> Snapshot save and recovery, maybe that helps.