We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 60 Posts
    Hi - I have one client site running ModX Evo which I built a few years back and don't look at much except when something goes wrong. I upgraded to 1.0.14 about a month back. Since then the customer has been complaining about not being able to post images on pages. To be honest I can't remember how this used to be done - but it seems that (now) KCFinder is used as an image browser by the CKEditor - but when I select (double click) one of the images it does not do anything and when I close the KCFinder modal the URL field in the CKEditor 'image properties' dialog is not populated. If I manually enter the path and filename in the CKEditor 'image properties' dialog it shows up fine.

I tried using the TinyMCE editor instead and that did get populated OK.

I note that KCFinder has this URL in it's window when called from CKEditor:
    http://www.customersite.co.uk/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browse.php?opener=tinymce3&type=images

...so presumably the fact that it thinks it is being called by tinymce is a big clue to as to why it does not populate CKEditor - but I have no idea where to change this.

I have got the CKEditor defined in the settings.

I don't remember exactly why I went for CKEditor over TinyMCE - I think it had something to do with less potential for self inflicted harm by the customer - but I do note now that the page displays reasonably accurately in CKEditor and not very accurately at all in TinyMCE - so I'm reluctant to change.

Any idea how I can get KCFinder to correctly populate the URL field in the CKEditor image properties dialog?

Or am I swimming against the flow and should I just switch to TinyMCE (with the attendant grief for the customer)?

Thanks for any suggestions...
      • 1,118 Posts
      Did you manage to get this to work?
        • 1,145 Posts
        It is rather unfortunate that these kinds of ultra-basic issues still exist. Bot in Evo and Revo, quite unfortunate!
          TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.