We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 239 Posts
    All of a sudden my MOD Evo 1.0.5 can't view any of the files in the image folder or upload. I don't get an error message when attempting to upload it just does nothing. I upgraded TinyMCE to the latest version. I've also verified that the home directory path did not change on my server.

I have about 4500 files in the directory and subdirectories combined.

Not sure where to turn next.....
    • Upgrade to MODX Evolution 1.0.14 - If the problem persists please let us know.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 239 Posts
        Quote from: AMDbuilder at Sep 04, 2014, 04:18 AM
        Upgrade to MODX Evolution 1.0.14 - If the problem persists please let us know.

That's going to be very time intensive as I have modified many of the core files. I would really prefer to keep the current version if possible and figure out why all of a sudden I can't view or upload images.
          • 239 Posts
          I just installed Evo 1.0.14 and QuickManager doesn't work. This is a top feature and the plugin is disabled by default....upon activation it serves up a blank screen when Editing a resource. I can't roll this out to all my client sites.

I need a fix for the image browsing issue until 1.0.14 is patched.
            • 239 Posts
            Is anyone else all of a sudden unable to see images via MODx Manager Evo versions lower than 1.0.14? I'm wondering if this could possibly be a Bluehost server issue as well? I really think that there should be a solution that doesn't require full upgrade.
              • 328 Posts
              You try create a folder name .thumbs under assets/ , and set 777 permission.
                • 239 Posts
                Quote from: cristianb88 at Sep 05, 2014, 03:18 PM
                You try create a folder name .thumbs under assets/ , and set 777 permission.

It still doesn't show up when using MODx Manager (i.e. FCKEditor/tinymce3241/mcpuk). I don't see the new folder that I created via FTP or the other subfolders which all have 777 permissions. sad
                • Quote from: taiyo1578 at Sep 04, 2014, 02:48 PM
                  That's going to be very time intensive as I have modified many of the core files. I would really prefer to keep the current version if possible and figure out why all of a sudden I can't view or upload images.

Could you elaborate on those modifications? If they are to fix issues, it's possible they have been addressed in newer releases, or if they are feature related there might be a better way to implement them. Older version of MODX Evolution do NOT support newer PHP versions, so it's possible your sites will break if the host upgrades PHP. Additionally, there are some major security risks associated with running older versions.

In regards to the post upgrade issues you noted, I don't have any problems with QuickManager. It's possible you have some corruption in your upload, as it did work post upgrade for me. The white screen issue could also be related to corruption and/or a server error. Check your cPanel error logs.

@cristianb88's suggestion regarding permissions isn't bad, however you should use the correct permissions for your host. Typically, you would use 644/755 on shared hosting (files/folders). If you give them more permission ex: 777 it can cause 500 errors.

Check your browsers dev tools and watch the network activity, which should identify if that's the problem.
                    Patrick | Server Wrangler
                    About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                    • 239 Posts
                    I've made some progress as I can now see images and I can upload....however I can't select and add them into the resource sad.

I reinstalled a backup the manager files as upgraded to the latest version on TinyMCE. I feel like I'm getting closer.
                      • 239 Posts
                      very odd behavior....now i'm back to being unable to see image files and I'm getting "Disallowed File Type" when trying to upload.