We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 97 Posts
    Hi peoples,
    does anyone else have problems in 1.0.14 with WebGroups ??
    I'm used to run an own script that creates WebUsers and WebGroups via a backend module. That worked for a long time, like since 1.0.2 or so.

Now I copied some users from an older version straight into the 1.0.14-database and that also works in the frontend. However, trying this through my script or via the MODx interface does not work. I suspect it simply doesn't see a loggedin user belonging to a webgroup (and then redirects home).
    In the databae the (old and new records for the) webuser-tables seem alike. But I still I suffer from malfunction. The user can log in but, doesn't seem to belong to WebGroups anylonger. Even when the default backend WebUser section tells me that users are attached to a WebGroup. It seems to have no effect. Are there other places I should check since 1.0.14? Or am I just loosing it :-/

Any help would be appreceated.
    Cheers.

This question has been answered by IngMA. See the first response.

Accelerate your Windows system with 9.8 m/s2.
    • discuss.answer
      • 97 Posts
      Okay, found it.
      I am using an own way of creating WebUsers, from a homebrew module which tangles with other databases. I guess I never fully cloned the correct way to do webuser-creating. However this never got me in problems before with previous releases than 1.0.14 (mainly 1.0.7 and 1.0.9). With that I'm not saying these are bugs.
      I bypassed it by looking at certain sessions after login. If the user doesn't seem to be in a (needed) WebGroup then I retrieve the user's internal key, and with that look up its WebGroups and re-set some sessions. Not a perfect solution, but good enough one for me, for now.

Maybe this topic might someday give someone else a hint. Most code you ripp out of the Weblogin snippet.

Cheers,
      IngMA
      [ed. note: IngMA last edited this post 9 years, 7 months ago.]
        Accelerate your Windows system with 9.8 m/s2.