We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 33 Posts
    Hi there,

Ever since I upgraded a customer's website to the latest Revo version, the website seems to experience issues with the links on the site.

The weird thing is, whenever I change the 'use friendly urls' setting to 'no' for a second, before turning them back on, it seems to work again. But whenever I edit a page, the issue seems to come back.

Also, editing a document only seems to affect the specific context the document is a part of, not the other one (the website (http://www.akkerdaastweewielers.com) has a Dutch and German context running in two subfolders (/nl and /de)).

Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue?

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

• 33 Posts
      Anyone?
        • 24,544 Posts
        I'm not sure how to respond to your second issue. Normally, editing a Resource shouldn't affect anything in any other front-end Contexts outside the one the Resource is in. Maybe there's something I don't understand about how your site is set up.

On the links. Take a look in the database at the structure of the modx_site_content table. scroll all the way down and see if there is a cache_refresh_idx index there. I've seen reports that with some upgrades, it doesn't get created. That might explain your problem with the links.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 33 Posts
          First of all: thanks for the reply.

I've checked it and there seems to be no such thing as a 'cache_refresh_idx', nor is there a 'content_ft_idx' (which I found was also supposed to exist, based on some Google results).
          My modx_site_content table (even when I create a whole new site, instead of upgrading one with an older version of MODx) only has 43 fields, ending with 'show_in_tree' and 'properties'.

Could you give me the basic table structure as it's supposed to be? That way I can manually change it and see if that does the trick.
          • discuss.answer
            • 24,544 Posts
            It sounds like you're looking at the fields (43 is correct). If you scroll down further in PhpMyAdmin while on the Structure tab, you should see the indexes.

Here's the structure of the cache_refresh_idx index (not a field), but make sure you don't already have it. wink

BTREE
            Unique: no
            Packed: no
            Collation: A

Fields (in this order)
            ----------------------
            parent
            menuindex
            id

My MODX Extras
              • 33 Posts
              Thanks a lot! Adding that index (it had none) seemed to do the trick.
                • 24,544 Posts
                I'm glad that helped. The fact that it wasn't there, though, raises questions about other mods that were supposed to occur during the upgrade. I've seen other reports of people skipping over versions to install 2.3.1 and not getting all the updates performed (it's not supposed to matter, but apparently sometimes it does). Check, for example to see if the modx_context table has a 'name' field and if you have a modx_extension_packages table.

What I maybe should have recommended was setting the settings_version System Setting back to various earlier versions and running Setup to make sure all the updates occurr. Then setting it back to 3.2.1-pl when finished.
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 33 Posts
                  I have done that too, now. But it hasn't added any other indexes to the content table. That context table does have the 'name' field, although all values are NULL.

During this setup process I did get a whole lot more success messages and a couple of errors (duplicate entries for e.g. the cache_refesh_idx index and a few others).
                  Previously I got about 4 or 5 success messages, where now there were over 10. And usually there are no errors, but if the changes had been made before, it would make sense. Still... Not everything that should be there is there.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    I reported this as a bug a while back, so hopefully future upgrades will be more reliable.

I think upgrading to 2.2.15 first, then to 2.3.1 might prevent the problem, though it's possible that you'd also have to install 2.3.0.
                      My MODX Extras