We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 166 Posts
    This is related to this thread:

http://forums.modx.com/thread/92188/solved-validation---two-li-s-with-checkboxes-one-must-be-chosen#dis-post-505619

But I had to add a select-box for each ul-li-row, and because I already set this other thread to "solved" I'm opening this new one.

I have a quite complex form where are different html-ul-lists that get populated by getresources-calls. Each li contains different spans, which contain information and a select-box. By choosing an option of the select-box, the checkbox nested in the same li as the select-box gets checked. The value of the chosen-option shall be transmitted to a hidden-input field. This works so far.

Now the problem:

I open the site with the form, fill all mandatory fields and choose an option. Then I submit the form.

Result:

The page gets redirected and a confirmation-mail as well as a mail to the admin gets sent. But thoe mails don't contain the selected option-values.

Testing:

By testing the form I realized, that on submitting the form without filling all mandatory field the form doesn't get validated and I get redirected to the same page as expected. Now I fill the missing mandatory field, submit again, now the form gets validated as expected, page-redirect works, mails sent, and this time WITH the chosen-option-values! So on 2nd submit by having a validation-error inbetween it works...

By testing a bit more I did the same user-workflow...opening site with form, choosing options, missing a mandatory field, getting re-directed to the form to fill in the mandatory field. Now I chose another option, fill the missing mandatory field, submitting works, mails sent, but only with the option-values I selected first...

I hope you can follow my explanations and have a hint for me!

If wanted I can send you a link to the website in private, please let me know! [ed. note: profilneurotiker last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
      • 166 Posts
      got it working somehow by try'n'error...