We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 299 Posts
    Getting this error:
    [01-Aug-2014 18:48:51 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/gd' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/gd: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    [01-Aug-2014 18:48:51 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/curl' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/curl: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    [01-Aug-2014 18:48:51 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/zlib' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/zlib: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    [01-Aug-2014 18:48:51 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/SimpleXML' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/SimpleXML: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    [01-Aug-2014 18:48:51 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/pdo_mysql' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/pdo_mysql: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    [01-Aug-2014 18:48:51 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/json' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/json: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Any ideas? [ed. note: jisaac last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
    • The short version is your server is missing several modules (gd, curl, zlib, SimpleXML, pdo_mysql and json), and as such you get the error message in question. You simply need to replace/relink the missing modules and you should be good to go.

That being said I would ask the question how they went missing (bad/failed update, mistakenly removed packages, compromised server). You shouldn't lose PHP modules unless something changed.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 24,544 Posts
        To add to what AMDbuilder said, those missing modules are not part of MODX. They should be on the server by default. If it's not your own server, you need to talk to the host -- the server is likely misconfigured or is missing modules.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 299 Posts
          After additional research here is what I've found.

All are installed and running fine just not in the location specified. Looking at my bup the same entries existed in the log prior to the upgrade and the site functioned fine just used the extensions as available.

What caused the site to fail was a custom snippet (Patrick this was the product script Sal wrote) that failed in 2.3/2.3.1 but worked in 2.2.14.

Have gone back to the previous version fr backup and will need to look at the script.
          • If the modules are installed, but php isn't detecting them you just need to update the extension_dir setting in your php.ini file. That should resolve the problem and improve performance some where fallbacks are being used.

In regards to the custom snippet, that code if I recall correctly should have been updated/replaced some time ago. I'm glad and a little surprised to hear it's still working for you. If you send us the error messages we may be able to help you resolve them and/or update the snippet for you.

You should upgrade to 2.2.15 (released alongside 2.3.0), which will secure your site pending the resolution of the snippet problems.
              Patrick | Server Wrangler
              About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting