We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 338 Posts
    A quick step by step video tutorial for getting up and running with Discuss:
    http://onsitenow.co.uk/modx/how-to-create-a-forum-using-modx/

Mike
      • 1,154 Posts
      Wow very cool!
      • Please make this sticky smiley

That helped me a lot to get started!

Further hints:
        - Dont put your registration resources in the forums folder. It will break FURLs or you need new rules.
        - You need an activation Email TPL. If you duplicate the default one from the Login Extra, you might run into a typo (ActivationEmailTpl != ActivateEmailTpl)
        - You need to edit the resource IDs and UserGroups in the register form (at 4:43 in the Video) to make registration work

Thank you! [ed. note: gallenkamp last edited this post 9 years, 5 months ago.]
          • 338 Posts
          Quote from: gallenkamp at Oct 27, 2014, 12:02 AM
          Please make this sticky smiley

That helped me a lot to get started!

Further hints:
          - Dont put your registration resources in the forums folder. It will break FURLs or you need new rules.
          - You need an activation Email TPL. If you duplicate the default one from the Login Extra, you might run into a typo (ActivationEmailTpl != ActivateEmailTpl)
          - You need to edit the resource IDs and UserGroups in the register form (at 4:43 in the Video) to make registration work

Thank you!

Thanks gallenkamp,

Do you mind if I copy your hints into the notes that go with the video (I'll credit you)?

Sorry I lack the power to make it sticky.

Cheers
          Mike

• Hi Mike,

I already did that smiley But another fact came to my attention: there is a version 2 of discuss at github. I didnt try it out and its not available in MODX repositories. But its good to know for future stuff.

Cheers,

Guido
              • 338 Posts
              So you did, thanks smiley

Yeah, not sure what plans there are for Discuss 2. We live in hope!