We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    OK, I'm going to take a stab at explaining my problem. The new Revo seems to have a different behavior than prior versions when using apache redirects, and it's affecting a few of my sites. Here's what I'm doing:

In .htaccess - I have the following apache rewrite rule:

RewriteRule ^watch-and-listen/([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/([A-Za-z0-9-]+(.*))/?$ index.php?id=123&t=$1&c=$2&i=$3 [L]

I have a snippet on the page with the ID 123 that takes these parameters (t, c, and i) and uses them to lookup content from an external service.

So in the old Revo - this worked perfectly. The new Revo redirects with a 301 to the FURL of ID 123, and doesn't carry forward my parameters.

Does anyone know how to turn this 301 off and revert to the original behavior (which was no 301)?

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 83 Posts
      I would suggest to try replacing the resource id to alias in htaccess, i assume you are getting the 301 from the redirect of furl, seems they changed the behaviour.
        • 3 Posts
        Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, this won't work for me. The goal of the rewrite is to have "seo-friendly" URLs for these content-paths - without having a document/resource for each permutation.

So effectively, one resource handles all the calls and delivers the correct content based on the parameters.

Example: This URL: /watch-and-listen/collection-identifier/item-identifier.html will appear to be the URL on the site and in the browser, but behind the scenes - ModX handles this as:

index.php?id=123&t=collection-identifier&c=collection-identifier&i=item-identifier.html

The snippet accesses the parameters and pulls the content from an externally available service.

Anyway, I think I'll have to find another way of handling this - other than apache.

Thanks again.
        • discuss.answer
          • 3 Posts
          I spoke too soon! This does work. I was concerned about using the FURL in the .htaccess - but it worked as it should Thanks again for the answer!
            • 83 Posts
            Glad that i could help smiley