We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 83 Posts
    Hello,

I've been using softacoulous to manage backup and upgrade of my modx websites instead of the PHP scripts i have wrote myself, because Softacolous is easier to use, with GUI to do things from there which saves me a lot of work to do the same.

I've a secured site (all folder names are changed, etc.) to allow Softacolous to manage it i edited "installations.php" which is in Json to reflect the new folder names; everything was working great, and previous updates worked well.

Now since 2.3 the upgrade fails, it overwrites the setup folder names in "installations.php" and creates mods folders again with their default names. What i did was to merge these folders with the renamed ones, then run setup. Everything goes fine BUT when i start browsing the site, it goes to a loop, keeps spy very high for about 3 minutes, then server responses with error 500. And of course i cleaned the cache. There are no server errors, php error or mods errors, just loading for approx 3 min then just 500 (in header, nothing in the response body)

Any ideas where to start debugging ?

Update: Same process succeeded when upgraded from 2.2.14 to 2.3.1 BUT the left panel is not there in manager.

This question has been answered by mina_gerges. See the first response.

[ed. note: mina_gerges last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
    • discuss.answer
      • 83 Posts
      Solved.

Cause:
      - 2.3 upgrade had several issues so 2.3.1 upgrade succeeded by manual merge.
      - Mac default text editor encoding corrupted some files.