We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Hi

I'm running MODX Revo 2.3.1 on MODXcloud.

I've just set up a Resource Group that restricts certain resources from view for our content editors (RSS feed, CSS etc) and this is working as expected within the 'mgr' context. However, when they try to preview the site when logged in, the CSS file isn't loaded and when trying to load it in the browser, they are confronted with a 503 error message which returns a 404 status code. If I set my site to published in system settings, it also affects non-logged in viewers. Currently the user group that the user is assigned to has no 'Resource Group Access' policies set for the 'web' context. I've tried created a 'web' policy for Resource Group Access with no success. Can anybody please help?

In revo version 2.2 I used to be able to flush all permissions under the security tab, but cannot seem to find this option with revo 2.3.1. Does MODX auto flush all permissions when a change is made?

Regards

Phillip [ed. note: phillipd last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
      • 19 Posts
      Hi

I think I've resolved this by adding a Resource Group Access policy with role 'member - 9999', policy 'Load, List and View' to the 'Anonymous' user group for the 'web' context. I've also added the same access policy to the Resource Group for my 'content editors' user group and that seems to have solved the problem. Is this the correct way?

Regards

Phillip