We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 338 Posts
    Not sure what $sessionPlace is, I set it to the current resource id.

But it didn't work, blank screen no error logged...
      • 24,544 Posts
      Discuss is a very complex animal. Maybe someone who knows it a little better can help.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 338 Posts
        I can live with it for now. I've got the main functionality working and that's the important bit, and it's integrated with the rest of my site and a user is a user on the forum pages and non forum pages, that opens up lots of possibilities.

I can see all the discuss tables and I can see all the code, so, if necessary, I should be able to construct any queries I want outsite of discuss from scratch.

Thanks for you help.

Mike
          • 1,154 Posts
          Ok glad you can move forward.

To be honest this is something hinky with Discuss, this shouldn't be so hard in my view.

One suggestion I made to the developers of Discuss2 is to make it easy for the user to make their own front page, give us a way to put our own html in there as the contents of the page but keep the header, footer, and have access to the Discuss system data. That would solve a lot of problems.