We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 360 Posts
    Quote from: smashingred at Jul 16, 2014, 04:11 PM
    Jack, was it turning off Compress JS/CSS that resolved it for you or deleting /core/cache?

Since I re-installed the app fresh I would assume it was in the settings, not the cache.
      There are no boring projects. Only boring executions. ~ Etzkorn
      www.impress-design.com
    • Hmm. Interesting. Okay.
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 1,572 Posts
        Quote from: smashingred at Jul 16, 2014, 04:15 PM
        Hmm. Interesting. Okay.

I had the same problem from a clean install ( hence why I knew ).

The exact same server runs all versions of MODX with the compression on but on 2.3 I've had to turn it off, I didn't think it was a bug ( just something new in 2.3 ) so I didn't report it.
          • 2 Posts
          Quote from: paulp at Jul 16, 2014, 03:58 PM
          Try turning off compress_css and compress_js via phpMyadmin and delete the core >> cache again

Thanks. This solution solved my issue.
            • 45 Posts
            I have much the same problem.

Upgrade from 2.2.14 to 2.3.
            Cleaned out core/cache. Flushed Session etc. as per install instructions.

All seemed to go well but Manager has menu structure but no content. No resources/elements/users etc. Can't add resources. Get a '200' error. Can't logout. Clear Cache does nothing. No packages can be found.

Deleted core/cache again. Re-installed with Advanced and could connect to database without a problem during install. No warnings but this message "Checking if we should disable CSS/JS compression: Not selected, skipping test."
            No change in Manager.

Found the set compress_css/js to 0 solution. Tried that and manual delete of core/cache. Cleared browser cache. No change. Tried another install. No manager change.
            Noticed my database collation is latin1-swedish. Re-installed to ensure this matched (usually select utf8).
            No improvement. [UPDATE] Collation is utf8-general-ci. latin1-swedish appeared in Operations. Probably irrelevant so reinstalled with utf8.

The actual website has content except for images. Images come from phpthumb which presumably isn't running.

PHP 5.4.17 on Webfaction. MySQL 5.5.37-35.0

My modX is dead in the water. But odd that the website has text content and non phpthumb images. So perhaps some parts of modx are running.

Stuart

[UPDATE - FIXED]
            I had two files to handle an old issue on older webfaction servers. Which I suspect has gone away.
            A php.ini file containing

auto_prepend_file = "/home/the-username/webapps/the-application/set_document_root.php"

And the set_document_root.php
            <?php
              $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] = '/home/the-username/webapps/the-application';

Deleting these fixed the problem.

Will look at PHPThumbOf issue next. Perhaps replace with PHPThumbsUp which I read about the other day. However it is based on the former. [ed. note: parthian last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
              • 1,572 Posts
              PHPThumb has not been confirmed as working in 2.3 yet

https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/issues/11630#issue-37173621
                • 94 Posts
                Hi had the same problem of not showing the content pane in the manager. Setting the compress_css/js values in the database table modx_system_settings to false (0) resolved the issue.

Now, does this have an impact on the manager or can we easily live without it?

update: 2 out of 4 websites that I updated have this issue. No idea what the difference is. [ed. note: rnd last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  I always turn compress_css and compress_js off. I've never noticed any speed degradation from doing so.
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • 1,145 Posts
                    Clean install had no issue with content pane.

But updated from 2.2.8 to 2.3.0, no content pane, and overall bizarre behavior with dashboard widgets especially when Google analytics is enabled.

Resolved issue by turning off compress_css and compress_js in database.

Great help from you folks.
                      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
                      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
                      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.