We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Hello,

I use Modx Revo 2.2.14.

I recently switched between templates for several documents. Now, however, when I view these documents in my browser, I only see the content for one particular page. Am I putting something in the template that would account for this issue?

Attached are screenshots of what I'm seeing. I've included one of the template, one of a document using that template, and one of what I see in the browser (which includes the content for a completely different document).

The url appearing in the browser for my "Making Your Video" document is http://owntheboards.org/making-your-video.html, so I know I'm not simply getting redirected to the "About Us" document.

The template file does include a closing html tag at the bottom, which didn't fit into the screenshot.

As far as extras go, I downloaded the Ace editor today around the same time as my documents started behaving strangely. Don't know if this has anything to do with the problem.

Thanks!
      • 11 Posts
      To add to my previous post, I went through the process of switching between templates again, to no effect.

I also just changed which document serves as my site start (titled "Home"). Now, all other documents show up in the browser with the content from the "Home" document. What might cause my browser to bring in the content from my site start to another page?
        • 384 Posts
        Is the homepage set as your 404 error ( page not found). It could be that your pages are not working and you're being redirected to a 404 error.
          • 384 Posts
          And check the spelling of your content TV too.. Not sure if the uppercase C matters?
            • 11 Posts
            So, something was wonky with my Modx install in general. I ended up having to have Bluehost support uninstall and reinstall it for me. Everything kept taking me to my homepage - even the reset password button. Reinstalling fixed the problem. Thanks for the reply, though.