We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 101 Posts
    Hi,

As i'm trying to create a list of users that belong to a certain usergroup.
    I stumbled upon pdoUsers as part of pdoTools.
    All seems powerfull however i want something extra it might not can do. Who can help me here?

I have a user that also has extended profile fields.
    I want to select users, based on a value that's set in one of these extended fields (eg customvalue).

[[!pdoUsers?
         &groups=`Partners`
         &xtpl=`partnerTpl`
         &sortby=`id`
         &sortdir=`asc`
    	&limit=`3`
    	&where=`{"modUserProfile.extended.customvalue:=":"TypeA"}`
    	&showLog=`1`
    ]]

Looks very nice but doesnt work.... Thats because of the fact that modUserProfile.extended is returned as a JSON type.
    How to edit the where clause to select within these extended properties.

This question has been answered by Bruno17. See the first response.

Addict since 2012....
    • discuss.answer
      • 5,888 Posts
      you can not search (that easy) on extended fields.
      If you need users searchable on custom-fields, you will need that values in seperate columns in a custom-table.
      Bob's http://modx.com/extras/package/classextender should help to get that done.

Then it should be possible to use pdoUsers for filtering them on that fields with an additional leftjoin.
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 128 Posts
        I don`t know pdoUsers but other plugins using the where conditions on extended fields.

Extended Fields are saved as JSON and can`t accessed on the fields via MySQL. But you can access it as a string, with LIKE %%

But Remind, its slow somehow and should always be cached.

[[!pdoUsers?
             &groups=`Partners`
             &xtpl=`partnerTpl`
             &sortby=`id`
             &sortdir=`asc`
            &limit=`3`
            &where=`{"modUserProfile.extended:LIKE":"%\"customvalue\":\"TypeA\"%"}`
            &showLog=`1`
        ]]

• 101 Posts
          Thanx for the swift replies, what a fantastic community!

@Michael, thanx, will try that!

@Bruno17, extended modUser thanx to BobRay's component, thank you for your pointer.
          How would i go about updating these fields via a form? Right now i use the UpdateProfile snippet from the login-component to do that. It nicely saves all the user-items. But i extended the modUser with items like IBAN, VATnumber etc. and if i include that in my form the same way i do with items like [ [+ fullname] ] -placeholders nothing gets saved...
          Any ideas?

<input type="text" name="fullname" id="fullname" value="[[+fullname]]" placeholder="Full name" >
          <input type="text" name="iban" id="iban" value="[[+iban]]" placeholder="Iban-number">

Cheers,
          Michiel
            Addict since 2012....
            • 5,888 Posts
              -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
              • 1,118 Posts
              Quote from: m.engel at Jul 09, 2014, 05:13 PM
              I don`t know pdoUsers but other plugins using the where conditions on extended fields.

Extended Fields are saved as JSON and can`t accessed on the fields via MySQL. But you can access it as a string, with LIKE %%

But Remind, its slow somehow and should always be cached.

[[!pdoUsers?
                   &groups=`Partners`
                   &xtpl=`partnerTpl`
                   &sortby=`id`
                   &sortdir=`asc`
                  &limit=`3`
                  &where=`{"modUserProfile.extended:LIKE":"%\"customvalue\":\"TypeA\"%"}`
                  &showLog=`1`
              ]]

Hi, Is it possible to pass more than one customvalue to the Where element of the code? e.g. to search more than one of the custom fields for the searched value. e.g.

&where=`{"modUserProfile.extended:LIKE":"%\"customField1,customField2\":\"TypeA\"%"}`
                • 1,118 Posts
                I have this working to search 2 fields... but only 2 so far... any ideas on making it be able to get 100 fields to check for the value?

&where=`{
                "modUserProfile.extended:LIKE":"%\"workregion_01\":\"london\"%",
                "OR:modUserProfile.extended:LIKE":"%\"workregion_02\":\"london\"%"
                }`

Any ideas???
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Just keep adding lines. End each line with a comma *except the last one*.

Now you see why we don't like using profile extended fields for searching. wink

If there will be no overlap in the place names, you could simplify it by leaving out the workregion:

&where=`{
                     "modUserProfile.extended:LIKE":"%\"london\"%"
                  }`

That will get anyone who has london anywhere in the extended field. If there is an option like South London, though, this won't work.
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • 1,118 Posts
                    Thanks Bob