We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 429 Posts
    I am received the the following error message when using phpthumbof;

[2014-07-03 22:51:39] (ERROR @ /home/warrensb/public_html/new/revo/core/model/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php : 1403) PHP warning: getimagesize(/home/warrensb/public_html/new/revo//new/revo/assets/media/Shop-Images/Large-Steak.jpg) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

"/new/revo/" is being duplicated within the getimagesize path. How do I resolve this path issue?
      Martin Sanders - Design & Web Development
      • 429 Posts
      Hi guys, any suggestions? Where are these paths set?
        • 429 Posts
        This error seems to be effecting all Revo site installed on my server.

Are there any likely server config settings which could course such headaches.

Server config below:
        MODX Revolution 2.2.14-pl (traditional)
        PHP Version 5.3.28
        Database version: mysql 5.1.68-cll
          • 429 Posts
          My hosting company has located the issue. It seems that there is a problem with phpthumbof when installed within a sub directory.

I have posted the hosting company feedback below:

"As mentioned in the last message the problem line occurs when the script appends these two variables: $this->config_document_root and $filename. The script is setting the config_document_root incorrectly and this appears to be an issue many people have had with the script for years. The "fix" was to replace $this->config_document_root with $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] which also proves that the server's configuration is correct."

"The file changed was /home/xxxx/public_html/revo/core/model/phpthumb/modphpthumb.class.php line 262."

"The issue isn't specific to clook servers, this is apparent by the fact that a number of people have had this issue for years. The issue is that you've installed it into a subdirectory and that causes these issues. A quick google search of the issue led me to the modx thread that reaches back several years and also contained the solution to this problem."