We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 277 Posts
    Hi
    I have a container in which I add speakers as a Document per speaker. I then have a ditto listing where I list all the speakers. As the single document is not formatted I don't want to show them up in the search, but I would like to show them in the Ditto Listing. Is there a way this can be achieved?

Your help is much appreciated.
      • 1,572 Posts
      On the documents you dont want to show in the search take the tick out of the "Searchable" box under the settings
        • 277 Posts
        Paulp thanks

will the ditto listing then be displayed? When I do a search for one of these speakers here http://www.eucraf.eu/speakers-a-to-z-listing
        none of them is displayed in the search results. [ed. note: bbeer last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
          • 277 Posts
          Sorry that I have to pick up this topic again.

I would really need to know it it's possible to display search results in a page with ditto listing. I'll try to explain my case better.

I use a container to add documents, i.e. speakers. I use a blank template with which is customized through ManagerManger. I've excluded the single Documents from search and Menu, not to display them, as they have no styling. However these Documents I call in a page as a Ditto Listing.

When I commit a search the page speaker is not listed in the results, as the individual documents aren't either, which is correct. However the page with the Ditto Listing of the speakers would have to show up.

Is there a way to tell the search to display the results (speakers) in the Ditto Listing but not the unstyled single Documents.

Your Help is much appreciated.