We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    It seems unlikely that it would be time-related, but I guess it could be.

SiteCheck will check for date-time synchronization for you (along with a lot of other things). It's not free, but it's handy to have around: http://bobsguides.com/sitecheck-promo.html.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
    • discuss.answer
      • 21 Posts
      Ok so as a last ditch attempt to fix this form I started looking at the Submit button which I've had as a <button> element from the start and it was working originally.

As soon as I changed the <button> to an <input type="submit"> Formit has started sending emails again?! No idea why but just glad it's now working. If anyone else is having similar issues with Formit, check your submit button is set as an <input> instead…

Thanks to BobRay and sottwell for your help, if you've got any more of an explanation as to why Formit suddenly doesn't like <button> elements I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks again guys, hope this helps out some other people as well.
      • I just reread this. I realized I think I know why your button wasn't working (though it couldn't have been suddenly). By default FormIt will look for the input type="submit" and use that for the form action. However, I believe for the button element to be used you must set the &submitVar property which is the value of the name attribute on the submit button. I.e.
         <button type="submit" class="btn btn-default" value="Submit" name="form-submit">Submit enquiry</button>
        In your FormIt call you'd need to add the &submitVar property.
        [[FormIt? ...
        &submitVar=`form-submit`
        ]]

Test this out and let me know if this works.
          Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
          • 21 Posts
          Quote from: smashingred at Jul 07, 2014, 05:32 PM
          I just reread this. I realized I think I know why your button wasn't working (though it couldn't have been suddenly). By default FormIt will look for the input type="submit" and use that for the form action. However, I believe for the button element to be used you must set the &submitVar property which is the value of the name attribute on the submit button. I.e.
           <button type="submit" class="btn btn-default" value="Submit" name="form-submit">Submit enquiry</button>
          In your FormIt call you'd need to add the &submitVar property.
          [[FormIt? ...
          &submitVar=`form-submit`
          ]]

Test this out and let me know if this works.

Strangely enough, when I got the form working again by changing the <button> to an <input>, I put it back to a <button> and it continued to work. It's almost as if it was clogged up and by changing the submit it started it up again… I did have it working for several weeks as a <button> before it stopped working without warning… weird.

Anyways, I've tried your suggestion and all is still working so I'll leave that in there as a failsafe so hopefully it'll continue to work without issue.

My advice to anyone else experiencing this issue is to do the steps described in this thread but also install the FormSave add on as a second level of failsafe which will capture all submissions in the manager as well.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post, you were all really helpful. smiley
          • Using FormSave is a smart idea. Back in the old days of programming forms I would also store submissions in a log file in case email didn't work.
              Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub