We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Hi

I've downloaded and installed the gallery package but it doesn't seem to upload the images. When i finish i'm left with this:

The images don't work in the front end either. I have tried changing folder permissions but still no luck. Does anyone have an idea?

This is the path that it is trying to find the images

http://www.bevanhole.com/assets/components/gallery/connector.php?action=web/phpthumb&ctx=web&w=100&h=100&zc=1&far=C&q=90&src=%2Fassets%2Fgallery%2F4%2F22.jpg

Thanks for any help
    [ed. note: livingdeadbeat last edited this post 9 years, 10 months ago.]
      • 11 Posts
      Ok i know why it is i think. or at least i can get it to work. Apparently if i upload a cover picture first it works (maybe that creates the folder?). If i don't upload a cover pic it doesn't work.

Is this how the plugin works or have i done something wrong still? Because that seems quite bad that no validation is on the cover picture if its required to actually upload the album.

Thanks
      tom
      • Can you tell us more about your hosting environment? Gallery tends to be very picky, to the point I generally recommend moreGallery (https://www.modmore.com/extras/moregallery/).
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
          • 29 Posts
          I have a similar problem. Single uploads work fine, but multi-upload creates the same result as in the example of the OP. Man, gallery add-on needs polishing.

This is the third day of my fight with gallery quirks. First it messed with image paths, then i found it uses an outdated version of slimbox.js that works bad with Jquery 1.9+. Then this image uploading issue.

Sigh... MODX is great but there are days when I'm tired with stuff like this.
            Kind Regards
            ====================
            montagproject
          • Please see my last response, and if possible provide the information in question.
              Patrick | Server Wrangler
              About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting