We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 255 Posts
    I have an existing prod cloud 2.2.14 that is under used, and I want to add a new site I have finished into another context with a gateway router. I've done this a few times before but never had to inject a new dev site into a different context in a prod environment. What's the best approach? Iv'e tried a few things and they both failed miserably. I've looked around and seen nothing pother than a request on facebook (of all places) for a context specific import but that's it.

I tried two different snapshot template types (dev and extended) and in both the imports of dev and extended type snapshots, the process overwrote existing resources in the default context even though they were in a different context in the dev cloud. I assume this is because of the resource ID.

The only thing I can think of is to go into the DB and change the resource IDs to avoid a conflict but I have messed with resource IDs before fixing an articles migration and it caused quite a mess. So I'd rather try to vaoid that if possible.

Has anyone figured out how to do this? I would think importing dev to a prod environment I would be able to target a context for import, but that is not an option that I am aware of.

Thank god for backups.

TIA
      • 255 Posts
      Bump