We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 80 Posts
    We have a very simple implementation of eForm that sends a basic "contact us" email as plain text. We've been using this for years without any (known) issues.

I recently updated our site from Evo 1.0.3 to 1.0.13 due to the AjaxSearch vulnerability. There were a few issues with the upgrade which I managed to iron out, but one side effect that I haven't been able to resolve is that eForm email reports are now being sent with special characters converted to HTML entities. This is because of the following in the "formMerge" function:

// prevent XSS for formfields
    		if (isset($fld)) {
    		    $value = htmlspecialchars($value, ENT_QUOTES, $modx->config['modx_charset']);
    		}

If I comment this out, special characters are not converted and the emails look fine, but obviously I don't want to introduce a vulnerability.

Is it possible for us to safely send eForm reports as plain text without converting the special characters? [ed. note: don juan last edited this post 9 years, 10 months ago.]