We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Ok, I have been playing around with the tools and the styling and noticed some things.

Post level has no private flag, that's why there is no output from Dunnock's tool (once the sortby issue was solved), it must treat all of them as private as there is no flag at all. Probably 0 for private and 1 for public, and as there are no 1s, so there are no posts which reach the criteria.

So it seems we will need to take the threads first I guess and then sort according to private or not, then take the posts from that array and sort according to whatever terms we have.

Another related issue is in Post db, author is the only aspect of a user, and that's just the ID of the user, not the user name or anything. And while the user part of the db has display_name, name_first and other values, because we haven't gotten access to the user data, so we can't access these things I guess, I tried to put them in there but nothing shows up. So that would mean grabbing the user data too, which isn't completely necessary but would be nice. [ed. note: nuan88 last edited this post 9 years, 10 months ago.]