We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi,

i hope someone can help me out with this one.
    I've already followed some tips in this thread: http://forums.modx.com/index.php/topic,59930.msg340842.html with no success.

I'm using Babel 2.2.5. / Modx 2.2.13

My client recently added a third language (context) by duplicating an existing language. Now she's not able to directly link resources. By ID. The error "Modx Resource # is already linked with other resources" occurs when trying to do so.

I've made the babelLanguageLinks visible (from hidden to text field) and i can see the two other language resources id's correctly. When i add my resource ID to that text field everything works fine.
    Although this seems a workaround, it's not manageable since we're talking about a 100+ page site here.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

• 2 Posts
      1. Go to Babel plugin
      2. CTRL+F = 'target resource is already linked with other'
      3. Comment two lines: "$errorParameter = ..." and "throw new Exception ..."

It works for me. I'm using MODX Revolution 2.2.14-pl and Babel 2.2.5.
      Good luck!
      • Thanks Pyotruk. I already 'solved' it by reinstalling Babel en linking the resources again without duplicating the context as a whole.
        Your workaround might give you headaches when the plugin is updated, but hey if it solves the problem at hand: great!