We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    I have been wrestling with this for some time. A bunch of small javascripts don't work for me. I have tried and tried to work it out for myself. Especially I am trying to fix the bbcode buttons which don't work, but in fact it seems there are many javascript errors.

But now yesterday another user (natedin) told me that the buttons work fine for him, and I checked, they do. He used an updated version, 1.2.2

But when I went today and uninstalled the old version and installed the new version, the data is still there and the problems are still there. I removed the package completely, none of the files is in the tree, but the data is still there and problems are still there.

Could anyone help pls? This has really got me stuck.

This question has been answered by natedin. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 68 Posts
      I'de install the latest version of modx and dev version of discuss, and login and basically install as little as you can and see if it works.

Have you checked the javascript paths are linking correctly to the .js files/is there any console errors in firebug?
        • 1,154 Posts
        I think i need to completely remove the old install. Because the threads from before and categories are all still there, even though I completely removed the original package.

I will look at it more tomorrow. I used a debugging console yesterday and I had lots of errors, just a bunch.

Talk soon and thanks again.
          • 1,154 Posts
          Yup in mine there are a ton of errors, in yours there is one error only. I got to clear out the server and do a clean reinstall.