We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    I've been testing Gallery for a while on my site, getting it setup, but it seems to have randomly stopped working correctly. I can't pin-point any specific changes that may have caused it and error reporting isn't producing anything useful.

I completely uninstalled Gallery, removed the directory structure it created (/assets/gallery) and manually purged the cache. I reinstalled it and it's still causing problems. When I installed it, it successfully re-created the gallery directory in assets, but it won't upload files to that directory.

When I upload images, it writes a record to the database but the image thumbs appear as broken image files. I check the directory and it's completely empty—hasn't even created the corresponding album directory.

I suspect a permissions problem...but I've checked and double-checked and even these should be set correctly. Is there anything else I should check or do?

Gallery 1.6.2
    MODX Revo 2.2.14-pl (traditional)
      • 4 Posts
      i have the same problem on several website...

• 52 Posts
        Just wanted to bump this post. I am in the midst of developing a site and just upgraded to 2.2.14. Gallery is 1.6.2 and was working before the upgrade to 2.2.14.

Problem, when I use multi-upload to upload photos, they never make it to the designated gallery folder. However, when I use singular upload, it works correctly. I have not tested Batch or Zip upload. Permissions on folders are set to 777.

If this were a pathing problem, it seems like singular upload wouldn't work either, or at the least the photos would end up in the wrong directory. However, I looked and can't find them anywhere else.
          • 535 Posts
          Hello, i just found this workaround : https://github.com/modxcms/Gallery/issues/20#issuecomment-43323055

in short : You must upload a cover to create the folder, then all works ok.
            CTRL+SHIFT+U - Clear Cache
            CTRL+SHIFT+H - Hiding Heft Panel
            CTRL+SHIFT+N - Fast Create Resource
            CTRL+ALT+P - Preview Recource (in edit resorce window)
            CTRL+ALT+S - Save
            • 32 Posts
            I encountered the same issue.
            Multi-upload doesnt upload and creates empty albums in my gallery overview.

The fix empiguet suggested is not a fix for me. Is there anyone with a solution for this?
              • 32 Posts
              No one has a solution to this problem?
              • The only thing I can suggest is to uninstall Gallery, then install it again. I've had extras, especially complex ones like Gallery, get stuck when I've upgraded.
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                  • 535 Posts
                  @henk i think the only "real" solution is to rollback to previous version...
                    CTRL+SHIFT+U - Clear Cache
                    CTRL+SHIFT+H - Hiding Heft Panel
                    CTRL+SHIFT+N - Fast Create Resource
                    CTRL+ALT+P - Preview Recource (in edit resorce window)
                    CTRL+ALT+S - Save
                    • 32 Posts
                    Thanks,

I rolled back to 1.6.0 and that solved the bogus albums being created when using multi-upload.

Now my only problem left is that the multi-upload doesnt correctly upload the photos.
                    I can see the broken image in Gallery (so the db-record is created) but the actual file doesn't get saved to the correct album.

Single upload works normally so I don't think it is a permission issue.
                    Any one knows a solution to this?
                      • 6 Posts
                      Instead of uploading a cover I can create the missing folder ("assets/gallery/{id}") in back ends file panel. So I also think this is no permissions thing, MODX itself has any right to create a folder without problem.

As I see it, this is a major bug, and I really would like to know, if this is recognized by developers as such, if it is in focus, how to patch a fix or get it updated? Anything we can do here or in Github to prioritize?

Sorry, I'm not that deep into MODX/PHP development that I can do a open source development on this myself. A beer anyone?