We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 299 Posts
    I am in the process of launching a portal for distributors and sales channels on the "back-end" of our website. After logging-in, the portal will provide the user with access to price lists, images, and support documents based on the product lines they are authorized to sell/promote.

I plan to include a blog with articles, selling tips, and similar content that would only be applicable to certain products. Thus I wish to hide any product info that the user is not authorized to sell/promote. There are two ways I can set this up:

- One Articles page and use permissions for each post to limit access and visibility of the individual articles
    - Two Articles installation with the permissions on the articles install to limit who has visibility of the therein contained articles

Not having much experience with Articles I am wondering which is a better method of controlling user access? Will Articles hide links/tags/etc. to users not authorized to view a specific article?