We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Hello again:

I am still in the weeds with this project, it is working out fairly well, just taking longer than I would like, due to my lack of tech knowledge. But I am getting there without a doubt, just a matter of time, and then a little more time. smiley The ceiling is still very high, which I am happy about, I haven't found many limitations at all.

Anyway, I am getting close to going live, and want to see what the manifest can do for me. Basically one of my biggest issues is that I want a proper "front" page without the boards, and then the front page of the forums behind that. And I see the manifest would allow me to make a controller with no boards, that's exactly what I need, I will then put in the html I want for my front page, under the common header style. That would be very smooth.

So I am curious about whether I can do either of the following, or even some other way to get what I want.

(1) change the default controller to another controller, in other words make a new controller called custom and make that as the default, but then I don't know how to find the regular default controller which now has no unique url.

(2) can I strip out the boards on the current default and then make a new controller called custom, which would be the list of all boards and topics, in other words, the new controller now looks just like default looks now, and default is stripped out so I can put my custom html in there.

Very curious about any suggestions on this. One of my biggest recommendations to the Discuss 2 people, which I will write soon, is to give users the ability to make a custom front page within the Discuss system, that's what the users want in my view, I have see many forums do this. Maybe its just me, but from the very beginning of this project that is what I wanted.

Thanks in advance!!

This question has been answered by nuan88. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 1,154 Posts
      Ok this one is avoided. I still think the manifest has a lot of potential for customization, but for this issue we found a work-around.