We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    Magic Creations Reply #1, 10 years ago
    I recently installed gallery which worked fine on my local machine.
    when I migrated my site to a server in the net, it complained:
    [2014-04-28 22:26:53] (ERROR @ /home/fd000507/public_html/core/model/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php : 1175) PHP warning: escapeshellarg() has been disabled for security reasons

could I tell gallery not to use phpThumb and use resizer instead?
    Thanks,
    Abner
      • 119 Posts
        • 13 Posts
        Magic Creations Reply #3, 10 years ago
        Yes achterbahn, but it's a shared server and my ISP doesn't allow me access to the php.ini
          • 16 Posts
          Quote from: magic_creations at Apr 29, 2014, 07:15 PM
          Yes achterbahn, but it's a shared server and my ISP doesn't allow me access to the php.ini

Did you ever find a workaround for the phpThumb issue referenced here? I'm experiencing the same issue on a shared host it seems.
            • 13 Posts
            Quote from: fnkdumplin1 at Jul 16, 2015, 09:06 PM

Did you ever find a workaround for the phpThumb issue referenced here? I'm experiencing the same issue on a shared host it seems.
            I just gave up and I upgraded the plan with my ISP to a Virtual host who also gives me access through ssh to upload azip file and decompress it on site.
            ModX Revolution is great but it doesn't seem to do well with all the restrictions from the shared host,whenever the client needs to use a shared host (it's cheaper) I tend to use just Modx Evolution