We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Hi. Having serious issues. Tried everything I can think of, and searched on here. Would appreciate any help.

My results page is listing regular site content tagged with the the particular tag searched on. But NOT my articles tagged with the tag....

>- TV 'tags' is assigned to regular content AND blog content template.

>- My tag.chunk.tpl is <li class="[[+cls]]"><a href="[[~[[+target]]? &[[+tagVar]]=`[[+tag]]`]]">[[+tag]]</a> ([[+count]])</li>

>- Called with: [[!getResourcesTag? &parents=`0` &toPlaceholder=`results` &tpl=`tag_result` ]]

>- Using FURLs - I have changed setting as suggested on http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=73364&page=1
      • 1,145 Posts
      donshakespeare Reply #2, 10 years ago
      You have tried the Articles's own +tags and that did not work?
      [[!Articles]]
      [[+tags]]
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 8 Posts
        Quote from: donshakespeare at Apr 17, 2014, 02:39 PM
        You have tried the Articles's own +tags and that did not work?
        [[!Articles]]
        [[+tags]]
        I understand that the above will show a list of commonly used tags across my blog.

But what I have is a generated taglist of all tags right across my site, blog and other content. That works fine.

When I click on one of these tags, it brings me to a page which lists and describes all of the pages with that particular tag.

I can see from the 'count' that taglister is including the blog articles in the tag bubble / list..

But my getresourcesTag call on the search page is not pulling them in.
          • 8 Posts
          I don't have the tagLister call on the pages (articles) that aren't showing. I assume that should make no difference - the getresourcesTag should independently search for all pages/articles with the tag clicked on?
            • 8 Posts
            Can anyone help me please? Am I being completely dumb? What am I missing? TIA.
              • 1,145 Posts
              donshakespeare Reply #6, 10 years ago
              I don't use your approach...as I don't have tags generated by any other resource but Articles container.

What I suggested was to mix up the call....if your other tags show correctly (for the rest of the blog) use the Articles call for Articles' tags.
              Does adding &tagKey help?
              [[!getResourcesTag? &tagKey=`articlestags`]]

I wish I could help more concretely..

Cheers
                Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
                5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
                • 8 Posts
                Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

The &tagKey in my case would be 'tags'. This is the TV attached to articles (as well as the other website pages). I use the 'articletags' as a kind of categorising device for the blog.

('tags' is the default &tagkey value)

Maybe there's a problem with assigning a TV of 'tags' to articles?
                  • 8 Posts
                  Is it ok to assign a TV named 'tags' to articles? Or is that going to cause issues?
                    • 1,145 Posts
                    donshakespeare Reply #9, 10 years ago
                    It shouldn't cause any problems. Articles can receive any TVs.
                      • 8 Posts
                      It's driving me mad. Can't work out what is happening.

If I add &tagKey=`tags` to the call, it doesn't work at all. But, tags is the default value in any case.

[[!getResourcesTag? &parents=`0` &useTagsFurl=`1` &toPlaceholder=`results` &tpl=`tag_result` ]]