We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Ok, I have been meaning to update.

I succesfully installed discuss, and it seems everything works, well almost everything. There were a couple of bumps along the road. There have been a couple errors here and there, but so far nothing which looks too earth-shattering.

1. There was an error in the log on installation. I ignored and and haven't looked back. Also it creates the forum resource for you automatically, just refresh the tree and there it is!

2. I had to make my registration and login resources myself, and almost followed the directions right. I will get back to those soon, as I figure out how to style these and make them work. Right now login works but without styling, plus I have to tell it to send the user back to the boards. Registration is doXXored at the moment but its fixable, with lots of coffee.

3. Profile is a bigger issue for me, I really want to customize this info. But that's for later, after everything is running.

4. The big issue in this first step was the htaccess re-write rules, which have some sort of problem. But that'd easily fixable using the solution provided by AMDbuilder in this thread: http://forums.modx.com/thread/89865/getting-started-htaccess-w-code Then it runs normally after that.

5. The next step is I have to figure out how to use the Sass for the design. I just got that going and will provide some intro to doing that soon, once I get a handle on it.

The Sass looks pretty good actually, the code is laid out well which gives me a lot of things to work with.

So, that's it! So far this has been a successful project, but there is still a long way to go...my deadline to go live is one month from now, I hope I make it...