We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I finally managed to get ModX intalled but I had to hack the manager/index.php file as the include_path was not getting set properly for some reason (so I just added ./inludes/ to all the include_once calls. Anyway....

I can noy get to the manager/index.php page but where do I fond out what the default/initial admin username and password are. I cannt find it in the docs or forums.

Help!
    • Have you ran the installer (install/index.php) - you set the username/password as part of the install process.
        Garry Nutting
        Senior Developer
        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
        Twitter: @garryn
        Web: modx.com
      • You should not have to hack or change any core code for install. Did you try to redownload MODx and attempt again. Sometimes files can get corrupted. Also please let us know what you are running on Windows/Mac/*Nix AMP/ISS etc.
          Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
          • 6 Posts
          I may just need to install again. I’m installing on a polish server (strefa.pl) which is Linux and I dont know how it’s been set up - just got some login details, ftp access given and asked to install ModX in a subfolder for testing (ie not in the root folder yet - I’ll need to move it later).

I guess I’ll reinstall and 0962 again and read the install screen better!

Thanks guys

Trevor

ps:

After a reinstall, I now get

Warning: Failed opening ’quotes_stripper.inc.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.’) in /nowy/manager/index.php on line 90

Warning: Failed opening ’config.inc.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.’) in /nowy/manager/index.php on line 127

Warning: Failed opening ’document.parser.class.inc.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.’) in /nowy/manager/index.php on line 130

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: documentparser in /nowy/manager/index.php on line 131

Which is what I had before - so I did that hack.
          • It looks like your problems is with these lines in manager/index.php
            // set some runtime options
            $incPath = str_replace("\\","/",dirname(__FILE__)."/includes/"); // Mod by Raymond
            if(version_compare(phpversion(), "4.3.0")>=0) {
                set_include_path($incPath); // this now works, above code did not?
            } else {
                ini_set("include_path", $incPath); // include path the old way
            }

Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • 6 Posts
              exactly. The include_path ends up as ’.’. I dont know why or how to hack it. Its on MySQL5 I think, but not sure.
              Dont know how to fix it.

If I cannot get it working by Tuesday, then I have to choose a differnt CNS for the 3 sites I need to write.

Trev
              • Sounds like the PHP configuration on the server does not allow the manager to set the include_path. Unfortunately, without that, it will take a bit of hacking to make the current versions of MODx work on that server; the manager depends on being able to change the include_path there.

What version of PHP is this?
                  • 6 Posts
                  I believe it is PHP 5. I’ll ask the host if they can change it to make it settable. Thanks.
                    • 6 Posts
                    I found out it is PHP 4.2.2 I will ask them to upgrade to 4.3.x ?

Trev
                      • 6 Posts
                      Thanks guys all fixed now with PHP5

Trevor