We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    Hi there,

I have upgraded the from 1.0.5 to 1.0.13 and have been going through the site front-end and MODx manager an d all seems well apart from one problem. I can access all sections in the Manager apart from the Site - Home tab and the Tools - Configuration tab. The pages tries to load and stops. I have checked the console log and am getting the error -

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) http://*****/manager/index.php?a=17
    Refused to set unsafe header "Connection" index.php?a=1&f=menu:1
    Refused to set unsafe header "Connection" mootools.js:2

I have also run this on a development server and all working well. Any ideas???

Windows NT WEBSERVER 5.2 build 3790 (Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition Service Pack 2) i586
    PHP - 5.3.6

I have now noticed the following error message appears but disappears when I click on the Configuartion and Home tab

MODx Array is currently editing these settings. Please wait until the other user has finished and try again

Also the Remove Locks option isn't working - No pop-up to indicate that it is locked either????

Regards,
    Paraic [ed. note: paraicc1972 last edited this post 10 years ago.]
    • I have no idea what is going wrong there. Sounds a bit like a plugin error.

First you could update to the latest bugfix release (https://github.com/modxcms/evolution/archive/bugfix.zip).

If the problem is not solved afterwards, do you have access to the PHP error log and could you look for the error there?
        • 14 Posts
        Thanks for getting back to me Jako. I did some poking around and had a look at the php page that contains the Configuration tab layout - (manager/actions/mutate_settings.dynamic.php). I uncommented the php code and the configuration form loaded. I started to remove the comments to see when the error would return again and I found that it happens around this line of code (line 32)

$lang_keys[$languagename] = get_lang_keys($file);

which is the language select box for the MODx Content Manager. I have checked the lang directory and all the files are there. The bottom line is I now have the Configuration tab but am unable to select a different MODx cms language which I wouldn't be changing anyway.

I'd still like to get to the bottom of it if possible.

Quote from: Jako at Apr 07, 2014, 07:45 AM
        I have no idea what is going wrong there. Sounds a bit like a plugin error.

First you could update to the latest bugfix release (https://github.com/modxcms/evolution/archive/bugfix.zip).

If the problem is not solved afterwards, do you have access to the PHP error log and could you look for the error there?
          • 3 Posts
          I also encountered this error. We are running WAMP on Windows Server 2008 SP2, Evo version 1.0.13. It occurred for me shortly after upgrading Apache to 2.2.27 and PHP to 5.4.27, but not immediately. I was able to log in after the patches and saw no issue. Later on someone else logged in and received the error and after they reported it I also received the error when logging in as well (all logging in as the same user).

Rolling back Apache to 2.2.25 and/or rolling PHP back to 5.4.26 did not resolve the issue. WAMP or my installation of WAMP may have some issue with PHP error logging as I was not able to get any error logs to generate.

What actually fixed the issue for me was deleting all records in the active_users table.
            • 1 Posts
            Hey folks,

same error to my installations. I upgraded two sites from 1.0.15 to 1.2.1, first on my localhost (xampp - three year old installation!) and everything was fine. After uploading sites and Databases to my webhost, i can't enter the config tab. If i click the config-tab, i'm getting an 500 Error!
            Running an Apache with PHP 7.1 and MySQL

Strange thing in this context: If i click the button before the config tab to "export site" i'm getting an js-error in tabpane.js:
            Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
                at WebFXTabPane.addTabPage (tabpane.js:126)
                at index.php?a=83:187
            WebFXTabPane.addTabPage @ tabpane.js:126
            (anonymous) @ index.php?a=83:187

But it's confusing me, that the local installation is runnung perfect on my old environment and not on my webserver - any ideas for me?