We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 98 Posts
    MODX is an incredible CMS and platform, and I'm just getting started with it.

I have a website built, except for a "calendar" function, and when that is finished, I'll be able to turn the website over to the site owners. I need to get finished with it.

I certainly cannot complain about some "Extra" that I'm getting without cost (though I will donate when I am able), but I am already late with releasing this new website... and I am unable to find a WORKING calendar Extra in MODX Revolution. The one that looked so promising just doesn't work. It probably used to work, but got broken in the latest update, and the author hasn't posted anything for weeks. I can't wait for bugfixes and patches - I need something that works right now, so I can move on.

Is there ANY MODX Revolution Extra that does the calendar function and works?
    If you prefer to answer this question privately, please PM me. I need to know whether to just give up and either find some php code to use as a snippet, or whether to try to incorporate Google Calendar (I really don't want to do that.)

Thank you in advance!

Dennis
      • 5,888 Posts
      what exactly should this calendar can do?

There is migxCalendar now.
      Not ready with all features.
      But I think missing features could be added with not to much additional efforts

And if you need some help, I'm here.
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
      • Here is a list of all the MODX calendar extras available.

MXCalendar seems to be the most popular one I haven't used any so I can't recommend which one to use.

gCalEvents seems to work with gmail but it seems to be pretty old so it might not do all you need.

Hopefully one of those can help you solve your problem, otherwise you might have to incorporate Google Calendar.

Good luck.
          Benjamin Marte
          Interactive Media Developer
          Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
        • Quote from: Bruno17 at Mar 27, 2014, 07:46 PM
          what exactly should this calendar can do?

There is migxCalendar now.
          Not ready with all features.
          But I think missing features could be added with not to much additional efforts

And if you need some help, I'm here.

Where can one download this bruno? Your github?
            Benjamin Marte
            Interactive Media Developer
            Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
            • 5,888 Posts

Thanks!
              • 98 Posts
              I'm trying to be gentle. mxCalendar would be perfect if everything worked.

I used Package Manager to download and install migxCalendar. I see a new top menu option for it, but when I click it, I get Revolution info. How do I use migXcalendar?

Do I need to install MIGX? (I did install it as well, because it appeared to be a component.) Do I need to install migxAngular? If so, how? It is not listed as an Extra.

Thanks!

Dennis
                • 5,888 Posts
                migxCalendars is very new and by far not as complete as mxCalendars.

And yes, you need to install MIGX completely and you need to follow the install-instructions and import the MIGX-configs and let MIGX create the db-tables, before you can work with it.

For frontend - editing, you need to install migxAngular from github.

Thanks!
                  • 3 Posts
                  Bump.

It has now been seventeen months since this thread was last updated so I thought that I'd enquire as to the latest status of a "Calendar" extra . . .

I am the Admin on a small website that is built around ModX, and I have been faithfully updating it as updates have become available. We have been using MXCalendars, but (as noted above) it doesn't seem to work beyond ModX 2.2.xx and we would really love to have a working calendar extra on our site.

Any suggestions, please, guys?

TIA

Ian
                    • 55 Posts
                    Quote from: railwaymaniac at Sep 22, 2015, 06:13 AM
                    Bump.

It has now been seventeen months since this thread was last updated so I thought that I'd enquire as to the latest status of a "Calendar" extra . . .

I am the Admin on a small website that is built around ModX, and I have been faithfully updating it as updates have become available. We have been using MXCalendars, but (as noted above) it doesn't seem to work beyond ModX 2.2.xx and we would really love to have a working calendar extra on our site.

Any suggestions, please, guys?

TIA

Ian

Same problem here. I am updating the thread.

So far, I have tested the following:

• Mx Calendar: impossible to create a new event
                    • Migx Calendar: the documentation points towards a link that is in 404. Latest update 3 years ago.
                    • ChurChcalendar: won't install. It needs a ColorPicker addon, but does not detect it. The last update on their GitHub was 5 years ago
                    • EventsX: actually works, but does not really display a calendar, rather a list of events. Not what I need.
                    • myCalendar: adding it to a page does nothing. I have submitted the issue on the author's GitHub.

What is the point of leaving these addons in the repository if they have not been updated for ages and do not work? It is a waste of time for everybody.
                      • 932 Posts
                      Quote from: kilroy at Aug 02, 2017, 06:23 AM

What is the point of leaving these addons in the repository if they have not been updated for ages and do not work? It is a waste of time for everybody.

So that people can continue to build on them.
                        ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.