We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 20 Posts
    We have a MODx site (recent install, version 2.2.11-p1 Traditional) that is having trouble with the backend manager. When we login, the tree does not open automatically. When we click the arrow, it does not open and the following is logged in the Error Console:

Error: TypeError: s[i].search is not a function
    Source File: https://www.domain.com/manager/assets/modext/widgets/core/modx.tree.js
    Line: 374

We have to click several times on the arrow, and eventually the tree loads. We then cannot just click a resource, we have to right click and choose Edit Resource. It seems just in general that the site is having JavaScript issues, and has been since we first installed a couple weeks back.

Does anyone have a suggestion where we can look or what is going wrong? A configuration error? We are using HTTPS as it's a commercial site.
      • 20 Posts
      Interesting enough, I found a post with a different error in the console, but it suggested clearing the /core/cache. I did this, and now it works without issue!

Is this something that needs to be done from time to time?